Mbunya Francis Nkemnyi January 15, 2021
Call for Applications: Project Director, RCESD
The Resource Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development (RCESD) carries out capacity building, interdisciplinary research projects and policy engagement activities. Bringing social and natural scientists together, we work in and across the areas of environment, development and governance. We aim at generating new thinking and practical solutions. Our work looks at how environment-development integrity and social justice can be achieved in a dynamic and complex globe that we find ourselves in.
To assist RCESD in managing this challenging agenda, RCESD Office is looking for a dynamic and committed seasoned professional for the position of Project Director. This is a key position in RCESD Cameroon that requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills, high level integrity to assist the Executive Director and the RCESD team in achieving it programs Strategic Plan.
Location: Buea, Cameroon
- Leads the development, management, and implementation of all RCESD Projects, ensuring its ongoing alignment with national and international priorities
- Provides strategic support and collaboration to the Executive Director, administration and project teams, as appropriate
- Ensures that an Action Plan relevant to RCESD objectives is developed and approved by the ED quarterly and annually
- Ensures that the Action Plan is effectively implemented and contributing to the vision of RCESD
- In line with RCESD Strategic Plan, develops annual program work plans and budgets with clear priorities and ensures their efficient implementation.
- Oversees and, as appropriate, leads the development of RCESD project proposals, in collaboration with other RCESD staff as appropriate
- Ensures timely technical and financial reporting to donors.
- At least Bachelor degree or its equivalent in project management, environment and/or development studies
- At least 3 years professional experience in a project management role
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of environmental challenges, poverty alleviation and development issues
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading and managing projects in the field of natural resource management, development, and/or other related
- Strong skills in project planning, proposal writing, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation, and experience working with donors
The position requires travelling from time to time within and outside the country.
How to apply? Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 17 December 2016
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up